“FASD Informed" Podcast Series
Podcast Episdode #1 - An Introduction to FASD with Kathy Hotelling, Ph.D
Co-Founder and Board Chair of NCFASD Informed
Podcast Host- Natalie Vecchione, MS. MT-BC
Welcome to the first podcast of FASD Informed, a new podcast series produced by NCFASD Informed!
FASD stands for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, a brain-based (and whole body) disorder. FASD diagnoses are a result of prenatal exposure to alcohol. The disabilities caused by such exposure fall under the umbrella of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
Some of the topics we’ll cover in this first episode of FASD Informed include:
- What is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)?
- A Brief description of the FASD “umbrella” of diagnoses
- What are primary and secondary characteristics?
- What is Developmental Age versus Chronological Age?
- Why is an “official” diagnosis so important?
- Learn about NCFASD Informed, why it was developed and resources it provides to the FASD Community.